Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Dear Arjun Singh Ji

This is delayed....by more than 24 hours...My mistake.....and my apologies. I should have written to you the moment I saw the newspaper. This is what is expected out of you......complete devotion and loyalty. This is what is missing in today's context and from Indian National Congress, Congress (I), Indira Congress or whatever it is to be termed as - I guess we should simply stick with Congress Party, that leaves it open to interpret whichever manner you want it to, when your party goes for the votes. I forgot one name - All India Congress (Tiwari) or was it All India Indira Congress, which you had formed with Mr. Narayan Dutt Tiwari ? Before I stop this blabber, I will like to suggest something - why don't you move a proposal to rename your party as Congress (Gandhi) - you would be able to exploit all the profits of the Gandhi name (which at one point of time stood for 'Bapu' but now stands for Rajiv Gandhi and Indira Gandhi).
Oh, I have deviated from the topic, pardon me, but I am new around here and really do not have any control over my language and do not know the nuances of writing, so i keep writing whatever comes to my mind and do not really care about anything else ; in the same manner as you while thinking about the 'Prime Ministerial' family, never think about anything else. You are no longer a royal, but the bloodline is royal, so 'loyalty' is a big word for you - and that shows. The only problem is that instead of commanding you are the one who keep on trying to show your loyalty. The suggestion of proposing Mr. Rahul Gandhi's name as a future prime minister was in itself in very bad taste, and the reasons....? Somebody save the queen.....please...and the prince too. But then you have friends who support you - like Mr. Pranab Mukherjee and Mr. Karunanidhi. ....Bravo.... Mrs. Gandhi (Oh, that was reserved for the original one)..I should rater be addressing her as 'Madam'...that's how you used to address her in past. Isn't it ? So she did the damage control. See I have again gone away from my direction... Sorry.

So, what I was saying is - it is good to see people like you still there who are from the old school and will like to see somebody from the family head the institution... Mafiosi..Cosa Nostra ?? I smell that....it should always be headed by somebody from the family....not somebody from outside. Well, I am back. So this is commendable. And your other statement - the nation should be headed by somebody young. I guess, you will give me a chance of making me at least a chief minister, if not the prime minister (that is reserved for Rahul Baba). I am also educated and 'young'. Whenever you want to have a look at my certificates, I can bring them to you to pursue my case. And on some counts, my experience is better than the one from the family. I have already worked with poor people, tribals, dalits, deprived children, illiterate women (all those categories, which sound right and which are politically correct - and I am not joking). Please, Sir, give me a chance too. I will not fail you. And I will be as loyal to you as you are to the family.

I have wondered many times, what really works for politicians - and whenever I thought I have found an answer I get a surprise - like the one you sprung the day before. How shameless people can be ? Why such a hurry - either ways the prince is being groomed for the big role, you did not have to jump gun for that. Or was it the case of being the first one to rush to school, so that you can take the first row seat and be visible to the class teacher ?

Sir, you are a well educated person from a well known family. These things really do not suit you. Now, you are in advanced stage of your political career - you are a cabinet minister heading an important position ; you are heading so many committees, then why stoop so low ? You know very well that the time will never come when you will be the prime minister, then what is this urge for ?

Hope you did not mind my words. If you did (as a politician) am not sorry. But if you really did (as an elder to me) I will apologize for the tone only, because I have been told that in this country we have freedom of speech (at least till the time you are going to put a reservation for that category also :) and i wrote what i felt.

We will keep interacting . I would not have written to you, but I did. Actually for a long time, I have been thinking of writing to our good old Doctor Ambumani Ramadoss (and believe me so much love is lost there that when I write it will really be a long letter, I am so very emotional about him :). If you meet him, please give him some flowers from my side and also tell him some tricks of the trade - what he really needs to focus on.

Thank you for your precious time. My good wishes for your work as well as your health.

No comments: